Saturday, June 14, 2008


Wow, what's that in my hand?Doing what all babies do best!


Somewhere between the toys in the bathtub, the rattle on the grocery list, the baby monitor on my hip, and the endless attempts to get my boy to nap, it has begun to sink in: I AM A MOM. After wondering when this little game of house would become reality in my mind, at two and a half months and counting reality has hit that this is no game, but indeed my life. More importantly, it's Andrew's life. I say this with a smile and excitement, "I truly love motherhood and my son."

Andrew continues to grow strong and hit all the milestones at a rapid rate. I can't believe how exciting I become as he hits each one in stride. Yesterday he rolled over from his tummy to his back and he grasped his rattle with delight as he realized he could shake it and make noise. And of course he did what every baby does best, put it right in his mouth. "Way to go Son!!!" I think the rolling over was a complete accident and don't know that it will happen again soon. Also, he now sleeps in the crib in his room at night...what a big boy!

Plans continue to develop to start a babies and children's clothing company. Right now the major task remains to come up with a catchy name and get the needed supplies. Do you have any ideas? I have so many ideas about what to do, but try to keep myself from running to crazy. I need to keep it small and simple at first so that I don't become overwhelmed and I can gauge how much we can handle!!!

1 comment:

Grace-n-Glory said...

Hey Lisa G. I look forward to seeing what you do with this idea!!! You might want to add a sling line too! THere's alot of options out there but all are WAY overpriced. I made my own of one kind and had Ms Barbie make one of another. Very handy!!!! Check out http://www.thebabywearer.com/ for more stuff on slings. =) Hope to see you when we're in the area for the 4th of July!