Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2 months old

I am blown away that it has been two months since we welcomed Andrew into this world! WOW!!! He is growing so fast! With many of my friends and people in my church having babies, he is no longer the new kid in town! However, we are still so new at this. I feel like my life and outlook has transformed so much in just two months. Life changes when looked at through the lense of motherhood. It's hard to explain, but you mothers out there know what I am talking about. Love and Joy have blossomed within me, but so has worry and anxiety. I usually don't think about myself first now, but of Andrew. I am filled with joy when I hold him or he gives me a smile. I never was one to worry about anything, but now I find myself constantly checking to see if Andrew is still breathing in the middle of the night, not to mention the nightmares I consistently have of something bad happening to him! Now I know what God's Word means when it talks about worry. Now it's time to grow in those areas and trust in Him more and more for his grace and provision.

Today Andrew had his first round of shots. Besides turning purple in the face and bolting out a loud scream, he took it pretty well. Good thing, because I did not look forward to it at all! Now he's sleeping and recovering.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Lisa, he is too, too cute and I absolutely love his shirt! Boy do I know exactly what you mean when you talked about how motherhood drastically changes you. Before motherhood, I would of never imagined that I would be living in my shoes right now... a stay at home / homeschooling mom of three! It sure does change your outlook on things! You are doing an amazing job as a mother! Andrew couldn't be any luckier that God chose you to be his mama : )