Friday, December 19, 2008

missing New Orleans

Today I stumbled across a cd of New Orleans music for children. Of course I got it for Andrew's stocking! I mean he does have to know and love music and culture, especially from New Orleans! Guess what I did when I got to the car? I like to call it "preview". I mean, common parents should always listen to their children's cd's before giving it to them, right? Well, my feet were tapping and my head was bobbing as I listened. Not only that, but I longed to be in New Orleans. Now I want to go to Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, the Strawberry fest, and every other fun place in New Orleans. The zoo, the aquarium, St Roch, Desire, Marigny, Deannie's, Yum....and Rachel's! I'd like to top it off with a bananna's foster cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory....
I think I just discovered my happy place! When I got home I did put the cd back in its case and into Andrew's stocking, but let me just say, I'm glad the little guy rides in my car so much!!!

No comments: