Thursday, April 1, 2010

Two years old.


My little light
You shine so bright in the darkest night
the joy you give radiates from above
as He has given the greatest of gifts
and blessed me with your pure love.

An innocent smile
springs forth from cheek to cheek 
while curious eyes seek to discover
all that flies above and crawls down below
you will leave no hidden rock uncovered.

My growing boy
with whom I can barely keep pace
I love to  remember your first two years
of firsts steps, foods, falls, words, and smiles
and welcome your boyhood with fond tears

Two years old
my baby has become a young boy
I love you, my son, don't ever forget it
there's more to explore and fun to be had
The journey continues and I won't miss a minute





1 comment:

Christina said...

Beautiful poem. Happy birthday Andrew! We are so happy to have you in our lives!